Friday, July 2, 2010

Constant reminders

The other day I was talking to a friend who was telling me a story about a friend of hers with a kid.  I said, "How old is the girl?"  She replied, "Um, I think she'll be 2 in November."  That's how old Ada should have been.

When I was pregnant with Ada, I used to always see my pregnant neighbor out walking when I was on my way to work.  She was a few months ahead of me.  I didn't see her for about a week, and then suddenly she was pushing a tiny little baby in a pink stroller.  Today was the first time I've seen her since then, and she was pushing a 2-year-old little girl in a stroller.  That kid seemed huge!  I am a complete stranger to this neighbor, so she has no idea that the very sight of her child brings tears to my eyes.

I wonder if it's hard for some stranger to see Eleanor?  Am I that mom with a baby to somebody else?

Ada's birthday is 2 weeks from today. I love my baby that I get to hold every day, but I still miss her sister.

This is Eleanor checking out her sister's footprints.


And here's a picture of my growing girl!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Toddler girls make me catch my breath, too...especially, little red haired girls...they bring tears to my eyes...

We'll always miss them ((HUGS))

B's Mom said...

Today is the 16th. I was thinking of you, and wondering if you made it to the beach today.