Sunday, June 6, 2010

A video tribute

I have been thinking about Ada a lot for the past few days and really missing her.  This seems to happen every month or two, and I'm actually kind of glad.  It lets me know that I haven't forgotten her, but at the same time I'm not incapacitated by my grief.  I listen to songs that remind me of her, talk to Hunter about her, and enjoy the baby that I do have more than anything.  I don't take her life for granted.

Eleanor's first birthday is coming up (as is Ada's second) and I have been working on making a video of her first year.  I discovered Windows Movie Maker and I've been having so much fun with it!  Yesterday I decided to use my new skills to make a video about Ada's life.  I tried to keep it brief because nobody wants to watch your 20 minute video, but also, this was pretty much all the material I had to work with.  I've been working hard to keep Eleanor's under 10 minutes, and I have HUNDREDS of pictures and videos to choose from.  Ada's has been much faster to make because there are so few pictures from that time.  There was no selection process involved.  (I made sure I took WAY more pictures when I was pregnant with Eleanor!)

So here it is:   Ada's life in 3 1/2 minutes.  I should add that my husband is weird about having his picture online so he made me crop him out of some pictures.  He really does exist, I promise!  :)

4 comments:

Kara said...

Wow Beth! That's beautiful, beautiful isn't even the word but I'm just speechless....
You did a great job!
Kara

Jen said...

Oh Beth, I have tears just running down my face...

What a beautiful tribute to your beautiful Ada! I love the idea of how she is traveling still ((HUGS))

Never forgetting Gregory said...

This is beautiful. What a wonderful tribute to your sweet daughter. Hugs.

Malou's Mama said...

I know I already wrote on your other blog, but just wanted to chime in here too - your video tribute is beautiful and so is Ada. Missing her with you.