I decided that I would like to share Ada's picture with anybody who wants to see it. I'm not posting it directly on the blog, but you can click here to see it. She pretty much just looks like a tiny sleeping baby. I doctored the photo a little bit, as you can tell. I gave her a little hat! It looks pretty silly, and definitely not professional, but the top of her head didn't look too great and I wanted everybody to notice her good features instead. You know how you have three sections of your fingers - well, her hands were so tiny that one of them fit on that tip of my index finger. Her face really did look better right after she was born, and this isn't a very good angle, but I hope you can see what a sweet little mouth and chin she had. That's the part of her that really looked like Hunter!
If you do choose to look at this picture, please leave a comment. I just want to know who saw our baby.
If you do choose to look at this picture, please leave a comment. I just want to know who saw our baby.


56 comments:
What a sweet angel baby. I think you did a good job with the hat.
God Bless your litte girl. She is absolutely beautiful. You did a wonderful job with hat. Thank you for sharing your piece of heaven!
Beth, thank you so much for sharing the picture of your beautiful baby! So tiny, so precious, so loved... I ran across this verse again recently, and I'll share it with you, "He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young." (Isaiah 40:11) I imagine Ada being held in our Father's arms. I love that word picture. I love you.
Monica
Thank you for sharing Ada's picture with us, Beth--I'm glad you decided to do so! She's so tiny and beautifully crafted, and I'm so glad she got to be part of your life and this world, even if just for a brief season. Love you, friend.
Thanks for sharing your girl with us. It's a great picture!
Beth, I can definitely see Hunter in her chin...just without the beard;) She is precious and I am so glad that I get to put her face with yours in my prayers. You did a great job with the hat too! Tell Hunter that my prayers are with him also.
Thanks for sharing Beth!
That photo is beautiful, I'm so glad you put it up.
Beth,
Ada is such a pretty baby! Thanks for sharing..
what a sweet and beautiful little baby girl. thanks for sharing beth! love you!
-Stiles
I'm glad you decided to share Ada with everyone. She is beautiful!
~Amy
She's precious Beth. Thanks for sharing your little angel!
Beth,
I cannot believe how perfectly formed Ada's fingers were at 24 weeks. And, you really get a sense of what she would have looked like full term. Thank you for sharing this picture with us.
You did an excellent job with the hat too!
Your blog entries are very gripping to read and I really feel that roller coaster ride of emotions you (and Hunter) must feel as you mourn Ada's loss.
I have already recommended Elizabeth Kubler-Ross's book, On Death and Dying. She has died now herself, but there is a website, http://www.elisabethkublerross.com/
She describes the stages of mourning death in such a clear way...I think writing about death is very therapeutic. And, it helps your friends know how you feel and how to help you and Hunter through this difficult time.
QEPD Ada....Carmen
beth, she is beautiful!
She is so beautiful! Her tiny hands are precious.
A precious picture of a precious little girl!
I am so glad you shared the picture of your beautiful Ada! She is just breathtaking.
-Malou's mom
What a precious little gift from God! What a blessing that you got to see her and hold her! And what a blessing that you have this picture so that you never forget what your daughter looks like! (Forgetting things about Elliana is one of my biggest fears.)
Beth,
Thank you.
Stephanie
She is beautiful. Thank you. I miss her and I love you both-
Pam
Beth, Thank you for giving us the opportunity to see Ada's picture. What a precious little girl. I'm glad you decided to share her. -Kaycee
Baby Ada, God knit you together in your mother's womb. You are precious, beautiful and loved. Beth, I'm so glad you have this picture of your daughter.
She looks so peaceful and beautiful! I didn't look at my little Tyler and I wish I had. I am so glad that you have these wonderful pictures of her and you did do a really good job on the hat! Thanks for sharing her with us
Kara
She is beautiful.
There were a few pictures of my baby that I wasn't too crazy about, and I sent them to be "cleaned up". They did a fabulous job. If you are ever interested in the web site, let me know.
Beth, you don't know me, but I found your blog through that of another friend who recently lost her baby. Ada's picture is so precious, she is beautiful! God Bless you, Hunter, and sweet little Ada!
Your baby girl Ada is beautiful and precious, and I appreciate you sharing her Light, Beauty, Purity, and Love that just emanates from her-what a precious little blessing!
I would have never known that wasn't really her hat either!
beautiful lil one, thank you for sharing.
She is so beautiful. She looks so precious. I think the hat looks great. I'm so sorry for your loss.
What a beautiful baby.
She is precious. I'm sure she is everybody's favorite baby up in heaven.
Hi Beth, I'm GraceSeeker from BabyCenter's August '09 board, which is how I found your blog about dear little Ada. She is absolutely beautiful. I'm so sorry for your loss and wish you every joy and consolation for the future.
Beautiful, may God bless her.
Aug 09 board
She is a beautiful baby....thank you for sharing.
Your little Ada is so beautiful. My best friend's son Timothy was born on July 28th and joined your lovely daughter in heaven that same day. I have a friend named Ada and everytime I hear her name from this point forward, I will be praying for your family. Thank you for sharing your journey with us.
beth, ada's story has touched my heart and soul. i think you are a very strong and faithful woman to be able to share with others and give others the chance to know your angel baby daughter. God bless you and yours and all the blessings for this pregnancy.
I am sorry for your loss.
Thank you for sharing your beautiful daughter with us.
Your daughter is beautiful! And so sweet ... she looks like an angel. Thank you for sharing her picture, Ada is lucky to have such a strong mom!
I stumbled upon your blog as I just recently lost my daughter at 24 weeks. I love the picture of your daughter, Ada. She is so precious. I look at pics of my daughter every day. God's creation is such a miracle! We are blessed to have known our beautiful daughters for 24 weeks. I find comfort in knowing that the arms that hold my daughter, Kaitlyn are the same arms that are holding and bringing comfort to me and my husband.
Your daughter Ada is beautiful and so precious... she is an angel. God bless Ada and your entire family.
What a cutie! She was a blessing from God. May she rest with Him now.
May she also know how much she was and still is loved.
I linked to your blog from facebook - I didn't know that you were writing one, let alone 2! I have read nearly every post and have cried my eyes out. Your faith is incredible, inspiring. I wanted to say something to you in Orlando but I didn't want to make you cry. And to think you were already pregnant with Eleanor!! May God bless your heart.
Know that Ada is remembered in my heart too. Her little hands and face were perfect, so tiny. Thank you for posting her picture.
Your baby girl is precious and so loved. I am one month out from losing my baby and your blog has been such a blessing in helping me to face my pain instead of distract myself from it. Thank you for sharing your heart.
Im glad you posted a picture of precious Ada. I recently received the pictures of my little girl, Ella, who I lost at 23 weeks. One of the hardest things is feeling like you cant share them with others- like one would traditionally do after bringing home their baby from the hospital. Its so difficult. These blogs have been so therapeutic for me. There are so many amazingly strong women.
I think it's good that you shared her picture--she's beautiful and her little hands are so sweet. The hat really does look good, too. I found your blog through a friend's blog and I think it's wonderful. I haven't lost a child, but it's clear that your writing is a comfort to so many people.
Thanks for sharing your little angel with us. The hat looks great on her! God Bless you!
Thank you for sharing. She looks so sweet!
Thank you for sharing this with us. I just hopped over from Bree's site (Ella's mommy). Ada is beautiful.
Thank you for sharing this.
Hi Beth, I stumbled across this blog through following links on your other & am so completely moved. I can't even begin to express the tears I've shed reading your posts from the beginning till here. I didn't know you or Ada during this time in your lives but know that both of your lives have had a profound impact on mine. It's hard to find words to express all that I was to say so I'll just say thank you. Thank you so much for sharing your story & Ada's.
Thank you for sharing your picture of your beautiful Ada. I'm so glad you got to hold her! Your memories will last forever. Thanks for letting us know what not to say! It really is helpful!
Ada is such a beautiful angel. I too had a still born son at 29 weeks and remember the pain that you experienced as well. My story is so similiar to yours that I went in and there was no heartbeat. I still can rememer the clothes I had on that day and it has be almost 12 years. I now have 3 beautiful daughters and thank God everyday for them and for giving them a big brother to watch over them. You are in my prayers.
She's absolutely beautiful.
Ada is so beautiful, she looks so heartbreakingly peaceful there. I think it's a wonderful idea to keep track of who sees her, and I'm touched you shared her with us.
I wish you and Ada both peace :)
So precious! Thanks for sharing your darling little girl with me. We recently lost our daughter as well.
She's beautiful, you should be proud to have such an angel, forever in your life.
She is beautiful. My cousin's fiancee lost their LO at about 6 1/2 months. Since I was 5 1/2 months pregnant at the time I didn't want to cause them any distress by going to the funeral, so I didn't get to see if they had pictures or not, so thank you for sharing, now I can see what he might have looked like at his birth. God bless you and your family.
Post a Comment