I mentioned in a previous post that we have been repainting the nursery and I thought this would be a good time to pack up Ada's things. So, tonight I went out and got a box. I went to Linens N Things first because it's closing and I thought I might find something good, but there was nothing. I really didn't know what I was looking for, but it wasn't there. I started to drive over to a different store when I passed Ross and thought I really should check it out. I did a U-turn because I just just had this nagging feeling that I should go there. I found something at first that I thought I might get, but then I saw it...the perfect box. I'm not normally into the pink and flowery type of stuff, but for some reason it reminded me of Ada. I was afraid everything might not fit, but as you'll see in the pictures it was the perfect size. I know a box is kind of a weird thing to take pictures of, but this was an important moment for me because Ada's things will now be packed away and the room will go back to being a nursery, not Ada's room. I'm going to keep the box in my closet. If there is ever a fire, it is at the top of my list of things to grab.
Here is the box! The colors look kind of funny because I have a crappy camera.

I could not believe how the two biggest items fit in the box! It was so perfect! This is Ada's baby book and the box that the hospital gave us with her footprints and stuff in it. I had been writing in her baby book the night before we found out she was gone. The baby book also has a little box attached and that's where all of her ultrasound pictures and stuff are. The programs and a copy of the prayer from Ada's service are lying underneath everything.
Before I packed this away, I thought I should put a picture of it on here. This is the stocking that my mom made for Ada - obviously, it's not quite finished. A lot of work and love went into it.
Here is the box with everything in it. I treasure every one of those cards.
(Yes, the blanket has been washed since the hospital.)
(Yes, the blanket has been washed since the hospital.)


3 comments:
The box is beautiful. I looked the other day at Wal-Mart to see what I could find to put Jenna's things in (we live in the boonies, so the nearest Ross's is 45 minutes away), and I couldn't find anything at all. I might have to make the trip there to see what they have.
The box is beautiful. I love how everything fit perfectly and you can keep everything of hers together. It might be strange to take a picture of a box but we don't have much else to take pictures of. I hope it doesn't hurt too much to transition the room.
Wow! That box is perfect and so befitting your little angel Ada. I am dreading and avoiding the nursery because I am scared to have that last bit of "closure", not on my baby angel Teagan but on the whole physical experience. I hope that I can be as brave as you have been when it comes time to change the room back from "T's Room" to just "the nursery".
Post a Comment