Today I had my 6 week postpartum checkup. (Note to self: next time either leave the new baby with a sitter or have somebody come with you to help! Just because she normally stays asleep and happy for a while after a car ride does not mean she always will!) Everything was fine, but I had to kind of laugh at the postpartum depression screening survey the gave me at the beginning. It had questions like, "Are you able to laugh and see the funny side of things?" and the possible responses ranged from "never" to "Yes, as well as I could before." There were several times that I wanted to make up a fifth response of "Yes, BETTER than before!" As I did the survey, I realized that I am happier now than I have been in a long time - certainly happier than the months preceding this pregnancy and even than during my anxiety filled pregnancy with Eleanor. Other than the occasional rough night (she slept for 8 hours straight last night!) or frustration of not being able to stop her crying (particularly when I was at the doctor today), I love every minute of it! I love it during the rough times too, but this is even better than I expected. And I'm doing better than I have been in a long, long time!
2 months ago


4 comments:
These babies bring a joy that you could never imagine or describe. It's funny how different I was with Gunner, I truly relished every moment he woke me up at night. I was so thankful he was alive, I would have gone without sleep forever!
That's great to hear, Beth!
You deserve to be happy, Beth. You give me hope.
This is so great! I had to take that stupid test while I was pregnant because they want you to take it before and after birth to compare results. I failed miserably and was put on meds! I can't wait to take it again and be able to see on paper just how much my feelings and life have changed. I am thrilled for you. =)
Post a Comment