Today is my birthday and it has been a wonderful day. We are on vacation in Puerto Rico and we went to a museum, drove along the coast, and explored some seaside cliffs and a cave. We had about an hour drive back to our place in San Juan tonight. It was dark, Eleanor was falling asleep to lullabies playing on my ipod, and there was a huge, beautiful full moon overhead. (You know how the moon can be really big when it's first rising.) The song "Somewhere Out There" came on (I wrote about it before) and I suddenly realized the one thing that was missing on this wonderful birthday.
My Ada.
This realization wasn't terribly hard and it didn't make me cry or anything, but it was just a sad moment. I miss Ada and I just wish she could have been here to enjoy such a wonderful day with her father, her sister, and me. She is a part of this family too.


1 comment:
I get that. I have those moments, too. I'm sorry she is not here with you. But, I love that you got a little sign from her on your birthday.
Post a Comment