I used to watch E.R. pretty religiously, although I haven't watched it in probably 3 or 4 years now. Ever since Ada died, I've been thinking about an episode that I saw years ago where Carter and his girlfriend (fiance? I can't remember) had a stillborn baby. When I first saw that episode I remember that I cried and thought about what a horrible experience that must be to go through. I remember hoping that would never happen to us. Anyway, I was telling Hunter about this show other day and how I want to see the episode again, but I feel like that's kind of weird. He understood and told me that it's not weird at all. I guess we all look for stories that we can relate to.
Today I found the clips that I remember on YouTube (rather than sitting through the entire episode again), and I thought I may as well post them on here. What you will see is almost exactly what we went through, except that you're watching in like 6 minutes what happened over 3 days for us. Also, it wasn't a cord accident with Ada, and nobody had to convince me that I wanted to hold my baby. I should warn you that it's extremely sad and you will cry! I definitely did.
Today I found the clips that I remember on YouTube (rather than sitting through the entire episode again), and I thought I may as well post them on here. What you will see is almost exactly what we went through, except that you're watching in like 6 minutes what happened over 3 days for us. Also, it wasn't a cord accident with Ada, and nobody had to convince me that I wanted to hold my baby. I should warn you that it's extremely sad and you will cry! I definitely did.


4 comments:
I just bawled watching that. I probably shouldn't have. When John broke down in his father's arms reminded me of when Brian broke down in the nurse's arms at the hospital. I just lost it at that point. They did an excellent job capturing the emotions though.
Beth... thank you SO much for sharing this... I am speechless... This really brought to life for me what you all or others must have gone through...
well Beth I watched this the first time it was on and I was hysterical, reminded me of when my brother lost their child. I watched it again this time and just cried all over again. Wow, they really captured the emotions so well.
I remember watching this and crying so hard, not just because it was sad, but because my mom has talked to me many times about her first pregnancy. Things were handled much differently then and she never held her baby or even knew if it was a girl or boy. This episode made her experience more real for me.
Post a Comment