Today we took Eleanor on her first trip to the beach. We went to the same beach where we spread Ada's ashes nearly a year and a half ago. Has it really been that long?
As we walked along, Hunter smiled and said he can just imagine Eleanor running by the waves and picking up shells in a year or so. That image makes me so happy, but so sad at the same time. When we were spreading Ada's ashes I thought about exactly that - how I would MISS seeing her do all of those things at the beach. As I watch Eleanor grow and develop a little personality, I realize how much I don't know about Ada. I don't know what she would have looked or acted like. I just wish I could have had more time.
As we walked along, Hunter smiled and said he can just imagine Eleanor running by the waves and picking up shells in a year or so. That image makes me so happy, but so sad at the same time. When we were spreading Ada's ashes I thought about exactly that - how I would MISS seeing her do all of those things at the beach. As I watch Eleanor grow and develop a little personality, I realize how much I don't know about Ada. I don't know what she would have looked or acted like. I just wish I could have had more time.
Here are a few pictures from our trip today.


4 comments:
What a beautiful thing to do today. I'm so glad you guys got to do that.
I'm glad that you guys went to the beach and it sounds like it was a beautiful time...
I wish I lived in Florida~look at the summery clothing!
What a great thing to do on Christmas! But I can only imagine how bittersweet it is.
And I'm with Jen...I'm ready to leave this cold weather behind for Florida!
What a wonderful way to spend your time. Great picture.
Post a Comment