Monday, January 5, 2009

Heartbreak

Lately I have been thinking about two ladies that I've never met in "real life", but we all have the sad experience in common of losing a baby in the 2nd trimester. It seems that their misfortune didn't end there, though.

Kristi had two miscarriages followed by two healthy pregnancies. They were supposed to have their 3rd baby this year, but she lost her son Eli at 16 weeks in February. Since then she had 3 more miscarriages (all since February 2008) and then seemed to having a healthy pregnancy. This past weekend, just a few days after finding out that the baby is a boy, she lost him at 13 weeks. They named him Collin. Here's the link to her blog.

Jenell lost her first baby girl in almost exactly the same way we lost Ada. The found out sometime in the 23rd week because she hadn't felt the baby move, and there was no obvious explanation as to what happened. She went on to get pregnant again with twins and lost them - after many days in the hospital trying to keep from delivering - to an incompetent cervix. That was on Election Day. On Christmas Day, her dad died unexpectedly. Here's her blog.

How much heartbreak is one person supposed to handle? Please pray for Kristi and Jenell.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so sad. And just not fair. I have such a fear of this happening...well, both a fear of not getting pregnant, and a fear of not being able to have a living baby. But it's not in our hands, I guess, especially when we all do everything we can to nourish a healthy baby. I'm certainly praying for these women, and also for you and that you have a healthy baby in August!

Mrs. Mother said...

And I thought my life had been hard over the last few months. Reading about those ladies makes me scared it will happen to us again. I will keep them in my thoughts.