After publishing my last post, I noticed that it was my 100th post. Wow. I remember before I started blogging and I looked at other blogs that belonged to women who had lost a baby. I remember that one of them noted writing her 100th post, and I thought it was unhealthy. I thought, "In 6 months I don't want to be dwelling on losing Ada. I want to be over it."
I really didn't get it. I didn't want to forget about Ada or anything, but I didn't want to be sad anymore. When you lose a child, you never get over it. You never forget. You never stop hurting. You just don't hurt as often.
Thanks to those of you who follow my blog and leave comments for me. This has been a real source of healing for me. I guess journaling would accomplish about the same thing, but it's nice to have people who understand what I'm going through give me feedback, and those who haven't walked in my shoes before let me know that they care.
I really didn't get it. I didn't want to forget about Ada or anything, but I didn't want to be sad anymore. When you lose a child, you never get over it. You never forget. You never stop hurting. You just don't hurt as often.
Thanks to those of you who follow my blog and leave comments for me. This has been a real source of healing for me. I guess journaling would accomplish about the same thing, but it's nice to have people who understand what I'm going through give me feedback, and those who haven't walked in my shoes before let me know that they care.


1 comment:
You are absolutely right. You never completely heal. I have no idea what number post I'm on, but I can't imagine my life without thoughts and memories of Gregory. I'm glad to have "met" you and it does help to know that other mothers are suffering similar pains.
Post a Comment