I found out that I was pregnant with Ada last year on March 5, and a few weeks later I finally went out and bought an outfit for her. I just had to get something for the baby. Of course, it had to be gender neutral at that point. I went to Target, and since it was just after St. Patrick's Day, they had all of the little baby holiday outfits on clearance. I got one for Ada that was really cute and had little shamrocks on the feet. I know it won't fit our baby that's on the way at the right time of year, but I can't bring myself to give it away to anybody else. So, it's sitting in a drawer in the nursery.
This past weekend I flew out of state to visit some of my friends. I was at the gate here in Orlando when a woman and her baby walked over to sit near me. The baby was wearing the exact same outfit I bought for Ada. Also, she was carrying the baby in the same sling that I registered for with Ada. It made me sad for a few minutes, but soon I was okay. Still, after waiting at the gate for 3 hours since our flight was delayed, it started to get to me. I finally went into the bathroom and cried in one of the stalls. It should have been Ada in her cute little St. Patrick's Day outfit being carried so close to her mother in the sling.
I flew back on Sunday, and guess who was on my same flight on the way back? I didn't get emotional the second time, but it was yet another painful reminder. You just never know when those are going to pop up.
This past weekend I flew out of state to visit some of my friends. I was at the gate here in Orlando when a woman and her baby walked over to sit near me. The baby was wearing the exact same outfit I bought for Ada. Also, she was carrying the baby in the same sling that I registered for with Ada. It made me sad for a few minutes, but soon I was okay. Still, after waiting at the gate for 3 hours since our flight was delayed, it started to get to me. I finally went into the bathroom and cried in one of the stalls. It should have been Ada in her cute little St. Patrick's Day outfit being carried so close to her mother in the sling.
I flew back on Sunday, and guess who was on my same flight on the way back? I didn't get emotional the second time, but it was yet another painful reminder. You just never know when those are going to pop up.


1 comment:
Ouch. Those reminders can be so painful. I can't bring myself to get rid of the things we bought and received for Gregory either. On a positive note, I have a new student in one of my classes named Ada. It makes me think of you and your little girl.
Post a Comment