Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Why?

This morning I got an email from an old friend who lost her first baby at 9 weeks after 9 months of trying to get pregnant. They've been trying again for 6 months with no success yet.

One of my blogger friends just found out that her first round of IVF was unsuccessful. She had a stillborn baby in May and they've been trying again for months.

Another one of my blogger friends is going to a specialist tomorrow to get a second opinion. After her uterus ruptured and she lost her first baby, her doctor has told her she would be risking her life to ever get pregnant again and that she can't have more children. They're looking into adoption, but they really want to have a child of their own.

Yet another blogger friend lost her baby to Trisomy 18 last summer and they've been trying again with fertility drugs - still no success.

During my first year of teaching, a 7th grader at my school was pregnant. Yes, that's right, 7th grade - she was 12 or 13 years old. She carried to term and had a healthy baby.

WHY?

Please pray for all of the people I mentioned. They would all be such wonderful parents, and they deserve that opportunity.

5 comments:

Jen said...

Are you freakin kidding me about the 12 year old? That is extremly frustrating...I wish I had her uterus, though...

Never forgetting Gregory said...

I absolutely think about these people. Infertility is so tough to deal with and after losing a child...it is ridiculously unfair. Hugs for everyone.

Mrs. Mother said...

Why is a good question in this situation. I had a friend who lost three children to incompetent cervix, and she said that the first question she was going to ask God was Why? She also said she might have to punch him in the nose first, though. I guess you'd just have to know her to appreciate that comments. Thanks for thinking of me, though.

Hollie said...

It's crazy and unfair how things work in this world! It was unfair when we lost our babies while crackheads were popping out their 6th or 7th.

To add trouble conceiving/infertility to that is so cruel. I think of those mom's constantly, and it breaks my heart!

My best friend lost her baby boy at 37wks, and is now on 7 months of TTC. We were supposed to get pregnant together, and it kills me to see her going through this.

I'll keep each and every one of them in my prayers!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Beth.

Unbelievable about the 7th-grader. We had a 12-year-old here get pregnant.

I wish "intention" had something to do with "conception."