I thought it was weird that they didn't print the winner's entire essay - it turns out it was because I was looking at the wrong section in the paper! I thought the article about funny mom mistakes from the Life section was what they came up with from the essay entries. I feel kind of dumb, but anyway, my sister-in-law told me that she saw my quote in the paper and I had no idea what she was talking about, so I started looking through everything. The contest results were buried in the middle of the front page section - I only read the headlines this morning. I did not win the contest, but next to the winner's essay they printed "quotes that captured us". They put several parts of my essay together, which is fine, and this is what they printed:
Ada's life taught me that you have to move forward after dealing with a loss. I will never be "over" the loss of my daughter, but I know that I need to move forward to honor her life and memory. My husband and I are excitedly awaiting the birth of our second daughter, Eleanor Elizabeth. She is expected to arrive almost exactly on Ada's first birthday.
I'm just glad Ada made it in the paper. :)
Ada's life taught me that you have to move forward after dealing with a loss. I will never be "over" the loss of my daughter, but I know that I need to move forward to honor her life and memory. My husband and I are excitedly awaiting the birth of our second daughter, Eleanor Elizabeth. She is expected to arrive almost exactly on Ada's first birthday.
I'm just glad Ada made it in the paper. :)


5 comments:
Oh.. I'm glad Ada made it in the paper too. How exciting.
:)
Yay! I bet it felt wonderful to see Ada's name on that page.
Yeah! I'm bummed you didn't get the weekend getaway though :(
What a cool tribute to Ada and to you on Mother's Day. I was a little angry that you didn't win or didn't get your story in the paper. I thought maybe they didn't print it because they only print happy stories. So I'm so glad that they printed a piece of it to represent all of the moms who were sad today.
Awesome! You should frame it! :)
Post a Comment