Today was my first day of summer! It is very exciting to be out for the summer, and even more exciting since I am not going back this August. I love teaching, but I am so excited that Eleanor is on her way.
Anyway, since I now have lots of time I am going to start walking every morning. My walk (waddle?) today was rather slow, but I walked 2 miles and I really enjoyed it. I have to go pretty early in the morning to avoid the heat, but I love the mornings. It's so beautiful and peaceful. To give you an idea, here are some pictures I took in our neighborhood in December. The grass is much greener now!
Anyway, since I now have lots of time I am going to start walking every morning. My walk (waddle?) today was rather slow, but I walked 2 miles and I really enjoyed it. I have to go pretty early in the morning to avoid the heat, but I love the mornings. It's so beautiful and peaceful. To give you an idea, here are some pictures I took in our neighborhood in December. The grass is much greener now!



So as walked today, I thought about Eleanor. I thought about how I plan to take a walk with her every morning after she is here. (I have to get that baby weight off somehow!) I thought about showing her the birds and the turtles and everything else that lives around here.
I also thought about Ada. See, I did this exact same thing last summer. When school got out I was about 4 months pregnant with Ada, so I got into a routine of going on a 2 mile walk every morning. I would think about her and our future. So, on today's walk, I couldn't help but experience deja vu. I'm wearing the same maternity clothes, admiring the same beautiful views, and thinking about the baby growing inside of me. Only, the baby is not the same.
Last night Hunter and I went out to celebrate the end of the school year. There was a family behind him, right in my view, with a baby. The mom was feeding the baby in the carseat carrier, so I couldn't really tell the age or even the sex of the baby. Eventually though, the mom got the baby out and held her. Yes, it was a girl, and she was probably about 7 or 8 months old. If Ada had been born on her due date, she would be almost 7 months old. I couldn't help but stare at that baby and think about how it should be me feeding Ada in the restaurant. She would be eating baby food now too. I really did still enjoy my meal (Eleanor did too!) and my time with Hunter, but it's moments like that that bring it all back. I just miss her so much.
I also thought about Ada. See, I did this exact same thing last summer. When school got out I was about 4 months pregnant with Ada, so I got into a routine of going on a 2 mile walk every morning. I would think about her and our future. So, on today's walk, I couldn't help but experience deja vu. I'm wearing the same maternity clothes, admiring the same beautiful views, and thinking about the baby growing inside of me. Only, the baby is not the same.
Last night Hunter and I went out to celebrate the end of the school year. There was a family behind him, right in my view, with a baby. The mom was feeding the baby in the carseat carrier, so I couldn't really tell the age or even the sex of the baby. Eventually though, the mom got the baby out and held her. Yes, it was a girl, and she was probably about 7 or 8 months old. If Ada had been born on her due date, she would be almost 7 months old. I couldn't help but stare at that baby and think about how it should be me feeding Ada in the restaurant. She would be eating baby food now too. I really did still enjoy my meal (Eleanor did too!) and my time with Hunter, but it's moments like that that bring it all back. I just miss her so much.


3 comments:
I'm so glad you will have some nice quiet time before Eleanor comes. The walks sound nice. I love summers! I always said I didn't go into teaching for the summers, but its what keeps me there.
I'm just devastated to be going back to teaching in the fall. I wasnt supposed to be going back. I was supposed to have Ella in July. We actually moved 2 weeks before she was born to a very suburban neighborhood- everyone has small children. Its really hard to go out and see reminders everywhere.
We are trying again this month. Keep your fingers crossed!
Those pictures are great. I was confused when you said it was from winter because I would expect to see snow, but then I remembered you are in FL!
I am experiencing some of the same deja vu moments and just today at lunch there was a baby girl about the same age as Gregory would be. It was tough to see her family passing her around and watch her little face light up. I'm glad you are on summer break now. Hope the exciting moments continue!
I am so envious of teachers! How cool to always know that you have like a two month break every summer, not to mention holiday breaks~ envy is creeping into my heart!
Its great that you have such a pretty neighborhood to walk in and it will be a great way for you and Eleanor to spend your mornings!
Post a Comment