Last night was not the first time I had a nightmare about losing Eleanor. I used to have them all the time when I first found out I was pregnant, but then they seemed to go away. Well, they were back last night. I dreamt that I was bleeding in the middle of the night and I was afraid I had lost her. I thought about how I had to wake Hunter up to tell him the news, and that we would have to call the doctor in the middle of the night. I was even thinking about the route to the hospital because I knew we'd have to go to the one with the good NICU instead of the one where I'm supposed to deliver. Then, I "woke up" and realized it had been a dream. Then I went to the bathroom and discovered again that I really was bleeding. Then I "woke up" AGAIN, realized no, those were both dreams, and AGAIN saw that I was bleeding! Needless to say, I've spent the entire morning convincing myself that all three of those were just dreams and that Eleanor is fine. I told Hunter about the dreams this morning as we both felt her kicking away. I actually just felt her kick again as I wrote this. :)
I really hope I don't start going through this every night...


4 comments:
That is so scary that you "woke up" in your dreams. It must have felt so real. I get nightmares all the time and have a hard time shaking it off the next day. I'm glad to hear those were all just dreams and that Eleanor is safe.
Those nightmares sound terrifying and I hope you have a better night sleep tonight.
Awful but it does feel great when you realize it was only a nightmare! I have had many of those before. Hope the nights to come you have sweet dreams ;)
Oh, Beth, how terrifying! I guess the natural worry you feel leading up to Eleanor's birth brings out the worry in your sleep too...but it's just a dream, thank goodness!
Post a Comment