Yesterday we had the tour at the hospital and I saw the room where I delivered Ada. It's the only place where I ever held or saw her. I also saw the nursery, which I assume is where they kept her. I saw where they took her first and only picture. I saw the kitchen where I sent my poor husband multiple times to get ice for me because my temperature was 102 and I felt like I was going to die.
I also saw other delivery rooms - there are only 5 total, and I've requested to not be in the same one where I was last time. A small part of me thinks it would be nice for my two daughters to be born in the same room, but I think the memories would be too overwhelming. I saw a warmer like the one where Eleanor will go when she's born. I saw the room where you stay for the next 48 hours after you deliver. I saw lots of things that made me excited about returning to the hospital for Eleanor's birth. The whole tour really wasn't as hard as I expected, and now I am not worried about what it will be like when I go there on July 20 when I deliver. (Yes, July 20! We have a date! It's 4 days after Ada's first birthday.)
On a different note, today I had another baby shower. It was actually at my house because it was the most central location for everyone, and it was so fun. My sister-in-law and a good friend of mine hosted it and I really enjoyed the delicious food, time with friends, and of course fun gifts for Eleanor. Monica, my sister-in-law, had some candles to light and she had the idea for me to light Ada's candle. My sister and her friend bought Ada's candle for her memorial service last summer and I've only lit it a few times since then. I always keep it sitting out, but I don't want it to run out. Anyway, I'm glad Monica thought to have me light it today - Ada was present with us at the shower. Also, Monica created a fun little quiz for the shower with questions about Eleanor (What does her name mean? What's one place where she's already traveled? etc.) and one of the questions was, "What is Eleanor's sister's name?" I'm pretty sure everybody got that one right. I'm so lucky to have friends and family that recognize Ada and her place in our family.
I also saw other delivery rooms - there are only 5 total, and I've requested to not be in the same one where I was last time. A small part of me thinks it would be nice for my two daughters to be born in the same room, but I think the memories would be too overwhelming. I saw a warmer like the one where Eleanor will go when she's born. I saw the room where you stay for the next 48 hours after you deliver. I saw lots of things that made me excited about returning to the hospital for Eleanor's birth. The whole tour really wasn't as hard as I expected, and now I am not worried about what it will be like when I go there on July 20 when I deliver. (Yes, July 20! We have a date! It's 4 days after Ada's first birthday.)
On a different note, today I had another baby shower. It was actually at my house because it was the most central location for everyone, and it was so fun. My sister-in-law and a good friend of mine hosted it and I really enjoyed the delicious food, time with friends, and of course fun gifts for Eleanor. Monica, my sister-in-law, had some candles to light and she had the idea for me to light Ada's candle. My sister and her friend bought Ada's candle for her memorial service last summer and I've only lit it a few times since then. I always keep it sitting out, but I don't want it to run out. Anyway, I'm glad Monica thought to have me light it today - Ada was present with us at the shower. Also, Monica created a fun little quiz for the shower with questions about Eleanor (What does her name mean? What's one place where she's already traveled? etc.) and one of the questions was, "What is Eleanor's sister's name?" I'm pretty sure everybody got that one right. I'm so lucky to have friends and family that recognize Ada and her place in our family.


6 comments:
I'm glad that you got through the hospital tour okay. I don't blame you for not wanting the same room. Heck, I'm going to a completely different hospital!
It sounds like you have great family and friends, and I'm glad that Ada was included in Eleanor's baby shower.
BTW, what does Eleanor mean?
I'm so glad the hospital tour wasn't too hard on you. And your shower sounds great. I know it must have been wonderful to have Ada included in that.
Your family sounds very sweet. I'm glad the hospital tour went well. Just the thought of going on one makes me queasy.
That sounds awesome. I'm so glad Ada was included in your shower. You are going to have Eleanor NEXT month! That is awesome. I'm so glad the tour wasn't as terrible as you were thinking it would be.
I'm so glad you liked the shower! This has not been an easy week for me--I've just been busy and stressed--so it makes me happy that I was able to help you have a fun day at the shower. I really enjoyed the day, too. :)
Yesterday, on the way to church, I told Julie that we were going to your house after church for a baby shower, and I asked her, "What is the name of Aunt Beth's baby?" and she replied, "Elnor." I thought aloud, "You know, she had another baby growing inside her, Ada, but Ada died, and that made Beth and Hunter very sad." I got all choked up as soon as I said it! Ada's death still is a tragedy--and sometimes it is still shocking when you haven't *really* thought about it in a while--but I am so glad that we have this new child to look forward to. And even though Eleanor means "light" (which I think is pretty cool!) another good meaning would be "God is good." It's true. :)
I love you.
Monica
I say new memories for a new baby. A good idea you chose a different room. Your family are great!I am glad Ada was part of the shower, I am sure the room was filled with love. :)
Post a Comment