For the last few months, checking the mail has become really important to me. Some days I get things I get things that cheer me up and other days I get mail that makes me sad. Today's was kind of bittersweet. I got a Christmas card from my sister, and in it she enclosed the list of poinsettias that had been donated at her church. They are all given in honor or memory of somebody, and she gave one in memory of Ada. I don't know why, but that was really touching to me. I burst into tears - which kind of surprised me - and cried for a couple of minutes. I'm so thankful that my sister did this and remembers Ada with me, but I'm also so sad that Ada is not with us at Christmas this year. I'm very grateful to my sister...what a thoughtful thing to do.
I also got a survey about infant nutrition. It wanted to know what my baby was fed in the hospital, what I've fed the baby over the last 30 days and over the last 7 days. I know this is stupid, but I was actually kind of mad that there was nothing to check on the survey that said, "I never fed my baby anything because she was born dead. My milk even came in and I had intended to breastfeed, but there was no baby to feed." I mean, why isn't THAT an option?? :)
I also got a survey about infant nutrition. It wanted to know what my baby was fed in the hospital, what I've fed the baby over the last 30 days and over the last 7 days. I know this is stupid, but I was actually kind of mad that there was nothing to check on the survey that said, "I never fed my baby anything because she was born dead. My milk even came in and I had intended to breastfeed, but there was no baby to feed." I mean, why isn't THAT an option?? :)


3 comments:
My sweet sister put a flower arrangement of pink roses and lilies in her church the Sunday before Lily's due date. That meant so much to me, and I know the joy you felt knowing that Ada wasn't forgotten this Christmas.
Awww what a sweet sister you have. It is so nice to know that our angels are remembered. Regarding the mail, does it ever stop. I am so over "baby" mail. Hugs!
What a sweet gesture from your sister!!
I too still receive that cruddy mail. Lately, it's coupons for formula. I want to take those coupons and shove 'em up the vender's you know what, because I had every intention of breastfeeding!
I've gotten "used" to the mail though, so it's not as hard, but it does still hurt a bit...
Post a Comment