Thursday, December 11, 2008

Seriously?

I just got a bill from the nursery at the hospital:

Admission date: 7/16/08
Discharge date: 7/16/08
Patient name: Baby M. (our last name)

Total charges: $361.50

We don't owe anything yet because hopefully the insurance will cover most of it, but I was just really surprised to see this.

Update: After I first posted this, my husband told me that he already knew about it. Our insurance company has responded to this bill by saying that they don't know what this is about. I guess they're wondering who Baby M is and why that baby is not our dependent on the insurance now. Fortunately, I have a wonderful husband and he's taking care of all of the yucky phone calls and paperwork. He was also the one to do all of the paperwork for the funeral home - and there was a lot. I'm so thankful for him.

3 comments:

Never forgetting Gregory said...

What the heck? What are the charges for? You better not have to pay anything. And shouldn't there be someone in charge of making sure people who lose their children should never have to deal with things like this?

Hollie said...

I'm so sorry you go that! But, I'm glad you've got a wonderful husband who took care of all of that for you!

We're still getting bills from the hospital from the day I had Cam - for general labor and delivery fees and such.

Stupid hospitals!

Jen said...

You have a good husband. My hubby was very strong and dealt with all the difficult stuff after Lily died to save me the heartbreak. We had set up a 3-d appt. so that my sister could come down and see Lily..and my hubby called to tell them that we had to cancel because Lily had died. Of course, some idiot still called to see why we missed our appt. when that date rolled around.

You guys are going on your trip pretty soon, right? I need a trip right about now myself ;)