Saturday, April 25, 2009

Baby Shower

Despite the fact that I learned Basanti's sad news today (see the previous post), today was a very happy day for me - I had my first baby shower! It was wonderful and I really enjoyed the time with so many dear friends and family members who live far away from me. Eleanor is spoiled already! I had an empty suitcase to pack with the gifts, and it is FULL. I fit everything in there that I got besides a baby bathtub and a basket. My friends/family were so generous and I can't believe how many clothes, bibs, washcloths, burp cloths, etc. that Eleanor got today. She is definitely loved.


For the most part I just really enjoyed the shower, but there was a moment when I thought about Ada and how I never got to have this for her. I was afraid I was going to start crying and it was one of those moments when everybody was watching me open a gift, but I held it back and cried a little bit later when I told Hunter about everything over the phone. Really though, it was a very fun afternoon. I cannot wait to get home and put everything away! I just wish that Ada could have had everything, too. It's not that I want her any more or less than Eleanor - I just want all of the happy fun things for both of my babies.


This is basically what I wrote about the other day, but I had another moment this afternoon when I caught myself being "too" happy and it scared me. I was going through all of the gifts when I got back to my mom's house and I was packing them in the suitcase, and I said, "Wow, I'm really going to have a BABY!" Sometimes that's just so unbelievable - it seems too good to be true.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Beth, it's Amy. I wanted to let you know that I saw that moment you were talking about during the shower. It would have been ok to have cried. We love Ada too. I thought about her during your shower, and I imagined the shower being bitter sweet for you too. I am sure you felt all kinds of emotions today. Both of your little girls have special places in our hearts. I just wanted you to know.

Bree said...

Hi Beth,
Just wanted to say thank you for your comments. I hope you had a good shower. Thanks for thinking of me. I accidently denied your comment rather than published it and can't figure out to get it back.Oops.
Bree

Jen said...

I was thinking about you yesterday and wondering how your baby shower went...I am so happy that you had a good time. We deserved baby showers in our last pregnancies, so I'm so glad that you and Eleanor got all the pampering and spoiling that you both deserve :)

I love the comment from your friend, Amy. You're very blessed to have such great friends that love you and both of your daughters.

Never forgetting Gregory said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed yourself. I certainly can't blame you for thinking about Ada during the shower. I'm sad you weren't able to experience that for her as well, but happy to hear how loved Eleanor is already. Hugs.