Well, Eleanor gave us a big scare this morning but everything is okay. I ALWAYS feel her kick right after I wake up at 6:00, but I didn't this morning. I also hadn't felt her all of yesterday evening. I was starting to get concerned, but I thought she would probably start kicking when I ate breakfast. Well, she didn't, and I even had orange juice with it. I was getting worried by the time I left for work so I drank another glass of juice before getting in the car. 15 minutes on my way to work, I started panicking. I pulled over at a gas station and called Hunter, and he told me to go to the doctor now. I was sobbing. I calmed down and called the school - fortunately my lesson plan this morning was something that was really easy for somebody else to cover.
Hunter was already at work but he came back home to get me because I was so upset that I didn't think I should be driving. He wasn't exactly calm either, and I called the doctor while we were on the way to let them know we were coming in. At this point I think we were both reliving our experience with Ada. When the nurse took my blood pressure I warned her that it would probably be high. She didn't even tell me what it was (it's normally perfect) but said, "Yeah, it's pretty high." Anyway, the doctor saw us quickly and we had an ultrasound - and there was the heartbeat and the moving baby! We both cried very thankful tears of relief. The doctor looked at everything and listened to the heartbeat for a while too, and everything is fine. The doctor was so nice and told me to feel free to come in any time if I'm worried.
Of course, 2 minutes after we got home she did a complete flip (or something major) that totally let me know she was okay. We've decided that she knows it's April Fool's Day and this was her first April Fool's trick. Today also happens to be my mom's birthday and I just kept thinking that I couldn't give my mom terrible news on her birthday - thankfully, that was not the case. We really hope it's the only scare we experience. I am 22 weeks today and they will induce as soon as 37 weeks...so just about 15 more weeks of this to go!
Hunter was already at work but he came back home to get me because I was so upset that I didn't think I should be driving. He wasn't exactly calm either, and I called the doctor while we were on the way to let them know we were coming in. At this point I think we were both reliving our experience with Ada. When the nurse took my blood pressure I warned her that it would probably be high. She didn't even tell me what it was (it's normally perfect) but said, "Yeah, it's pretty high." Anyway, the doctor saw us quickly and we had an ultrasound - and there was the heartbeat and the moving baby! We both cried very thankful tears of relief. The doctor looked at everything and listened to the heartbeat for a while too, and everything is fine. The doctor was so nice and told me to feel free to come in any time if I'm worried.
Of course, 2 minutes after we got home she did a complete flip (or something major) that totally let me know she was okay. We've decided that she knows it's April Fool's Day and this was her first April Fool's trick. Today also happens to be my mom's birthday and I just kept thinking that I couldn't give my mom terrible news on her birthday - thankfully, that was not the case. We really hope it's the only scare we experience. I am 22 weeks today and they will induce as soon as 37 weeks...so just about 15 more weeks of this to go!


8 comments:
Oh, Beth, how scary! I can only imagine how awful that must have been. I'm glad you didn't hesitate about going into the doctor to put your mind at ease.
I'm so glad Eleanor is ok. Silly girl.
That is so scary. I am glad you went in to the doctor today. I would have been a mess as well. After our last scare my doctor said to come in any time also. It is comforting. I'm glad your little girl was just playing a trick on you. You can add it to the baby book when she is born! 15 weeks will fly by! I can't believe how far you are already.
I know that feeling so well. I'm glad you went to the doctor. My husband and I have a doppler now for that very reason. It's just too scary and too close to home for us. I'm glad that you and baby are doing ok now.
Thank goodness all is well with baby Eleanor! I felt panic reading the post so I know you were worried sick...I'm so glad all is well!
Oh my goodness that must have been terribly scary. I would have been terrified. I'm glad she's doing well, and I hope the next 15 weeks are stress free.
I am so glad to know that all is well with Eleanor! Thanks so much for calling me this morning...I really hate you've got so much more to worry about with this pregnancy. I wish I could just say, "Relax! Enjoy being pregnant!" But I know that's really hard to do sometimes, especially with all you've been through. Love you.
Monica
How scary! So glad that Eleanor is ok!!
How scarry!!!
Post a Comment