Thursday, August 28, 2008

Missing Gran

My grandmother passed away 7 years ago next month. I was pretty close to her, although not as close as I wish I had been. I have been thinking about her a lot lately though, partly because the anniversary of her death is just a few weeks away and her birthday was a few weeks ago. But mainly, I have been thinking about her because she lost her daughter too. My aunt was only 17 when she died of leukemia; I never knew her. What I have gone through and what my grandmother went through are vastly different experiences, but still, I wish I could talk to her right now. I wonder what she would say to me.

On another note, I have not been sleeping well lately. I am very tired, and I go to bed at a reasonable hour, but then I just lie there wide awake for hours. I think about Ada, and school, and what I should do with my free time in the afternoons, and everything else under the sun. My brain seems to work in overtime. I just wish I could turn it off for 8 hours! I think it must be a combination of grief and stress. I just hope I sleep well tonight.

1 comment:

Mrs. Mother said...

I miss my granny so much. She died last December, and she lost two babies, one after birth at three months old, and one while she was five months pregnant to a cord accident.

No one in my family that I am close to has lost a baby. I think she would be the only one who would truly understand what I am going through. I was extremely close to her, so I feel like I'm going through the grief process all over again.

As for the not sleeping, my doctor gave me ambien and it is working wonders.