Saturday, August 23, 2008

Thoughts I'm not proud of

Yesterday I went to Wal-Mart, and the very young cashier was very pregnant. This was one of many times since I lost Ada that I started to have thoughts that I wish I could stop. I won't go into all of them, but they basically involve me thinking that I'm better and more deserving than everybody else. After all, Hunter and I waited until we had been married for 5 years, we got 5 college degrees between the two of us, and we made good schools our number one priority when we bought our house last summer - who could be more deserving than us? At least, that's how it feels sometimes.

I am so thankful that God doesn't judge us that way! If he gave out grace on some kind of merit system, I certainly wouldn't get it. I wish that I could see people with God's eyes. I wish that I could always put others before myself. I wish that I could always accept others exactly the way they are rather than try to make them fit in to my understanding of how we should be.

1 comment:

B's Mom said...

Those thoughts are normal. We all have them. Don't beat yourself up over them. I can't tell you how many times I've found myself repeating "God loves us all" when I see some moron with a baby.