Friday, July 3, 2009

Ada Elizabeth

One year ago today we FINALLY found out that Ada was a girl - I think I was at 22 weeks. She didn't cooperate on our big 18 week ultrasound, but the doctor was very nice to do another ultrasound for us there in the office. After we got home, Hunter and I took a walk and we decided for sure to name her Ada Elizabeth. It's what we knew we probably wanted to go with if she was a girl, but we never decided that 100% until then. The rest of the day was so fun, because we got to call and email everybody with the big news.

I've thought about Ada several times today, and I looked at her picture for a while earlier. None of this made me too sad or even made me cry - I just miss her. I miss all of the excitement. If she had been born on her due date she would be just about 8 months old now. She would be eating solid food, smiling, sitting, and maybe crawling or learning to pull herself up. I just wish I had the chance to see her grow up.

3 comments:

Jen said...

I think about what Lily would be doing right now all the time. She would be 7 months old right now. I would if we will always do that?

Never forgetting Gregory said...

I think about what I should be doing also. I love Ada's name. I'm happy to hear your sadness is less severe than in the past, though I know you miss your little girl. Hugs.

Michelle said...

I wonder those things sometimes too. I think one of the hardest parts is knowing that a piece of us has died and that we'll never see who they would have become.