I just wanted to share these links with you...
I got these first ones from Bree. This article was in the Washington Post and it talks about why doctors don't really discuss stillbirth. I didn't even know that stillbirth is 10 times more common than SIDS and there are 2 1/2 times more stillbirths than AIDS deaths in the US each year. Then this is a follow-up column where the writer answered readers' questions.
This was in my paper today. Norris Burkes is a chaplain who writes a weekly column that's in our paper, and today's column was about dealing with a family who just lost their baby shortly after birth. Click here to read it.
I got these first ones from Bree. This article was in the Washington Post and it talks about why doctors don't really discuss stillbirth. I didn't even know that stillbirth is 10 times more common than SIDS and there are 2 1/2 times more stillbirths than AIDS deaths in the US each year. Then this is a follow-up column where the writer answered readers' questions.
This was in my paper today. Norris Burkes is a chaplain who writes a weekly column that's in our paper, and today's column was about dealing with a family who just lost their baby shortly after birth. Click here to read it.


1 comment:
Did you read some of the comments on the first article? I was surprised by the insensitivity many of them showed. I guess I really shouldn't be surprised, though.
Post a Comment