We got to the hospital at 4:00 yesterday afternoon, and when I got on the monitor we discovered that I was already having pretty regular but very mild contractions. (I didn't even realize I was having them!) I was already 60% effaced and 2 cm dilated. They put the cervadil in around 6:30 pm and the nurse just took it out at 5:00 am this morning. I got a shot to help me sleep, but I only actually slept for maybe 2 hours. I was able to rest all night though.
This morning when the nurse came in to take out the cervadil, my water broke! It may have already broken during the night, but I didn't realize it because there wasn't much (if anything) leaking out. She did an exam and I am now 2-3 cm and 80% effaced. I am also having much more uncomfortable contractions.
I requested to not be in the same room where I delivered Ada, but I am right next door to it. We walked the halls a little last night and it was sad to walk past there, but not too bad. We both agreed that we're glad we did a hospital tour and took all of those classes here during the last couple of months - it's made it so much easier to be here again. The nurse who was there when Ada was born stopped by to say hi. She remembered us, which was really nice. All of the other nurses have been really nice. One of them even asked questions about Ada - she lost a baby too. She said she wasn't nearly as far along as I was, but I know it hurts badly at any point. She told me that if I needed to cry a little bit today that it's okay. She said that she knows everybody expects you to be over something like that after 2 weeks, but of course you're not. Anyway, I just really appreciated her coming to talk to us like that even though it wasn't really one of her duties. I am in good hands here!
This morning when the nurse came in to take out the cervadil, my water broke! It may have already broken during the night, but I didn't realize it because there wasn't much (if anything) leaking out. She did an exam and I am now 2-3 cm and 80% effaced. I am also having much more uncomfortable contractions.
I requested to not be in the same room where I delivered Ada, but I am right next door to it. We walked the halls a little last night and it was sad to walk past there, but not too bad. We both agreed that we're glad we did a hospital tour and took all of those classes here during the last couple of months - it's made it so much easier to be here again. The nurse who was there when Ada was born stopped by to say hi. She remembered us, which was really nice. All of the other nurses have been really nice. One of them even asked questions about Ada - she lost a baby too. She said she wasn't nearly as far along as I was, but I know it hurts badly at any point. She told me that if I needed to cry a little bit today that it's okay. She said that she knows everybody expects you to be over something like that after 2 weeks, but of course you're not. Anyway, I just really appreciated her coming to talk to us like that even though it wasn't really one of her duties. I am in good hands here!


6 comments:
I am Jen's sister and Lily's aunt. I just wanted to let you know I will be praying for you today...
So exciting! I can't wait for the news! I'm glad everyone is being so kind to you guys - sounds like you're in great hands!
Send some of those contractions my way please, lol :)
This is so great. I agree that it has really helped me to take classes and go back to the hospital. And I know how wonderful it feels to be remembered by nurses who helped us with our first babies. I'm glad things are progressing. I am thinking about you!
Oh that's wonderful. I can't wait until Eleanor is here.
Thanks for checking in! I'm so excited for you.
Yea! I can't wait until you have that little girl in your arms. Of course I'm super excited to see her pictures!
(I do think it is kinda funny that you are not only blogging while in labor...but also staying up to date on everyone else! You are so awesome!)
Post a Comment