Ada's due date came and went without any real fanfare. Like I already mentioned, we took the day off and went to the beach in the morning. It's the closest thing that we have to visiting a grave, after all. I was supposed to have a checkup with my doctor, but right when I got there they were calling me to say that she was tied up in the hospital. Somebody ELSE was having a baby on my baby's due date. That stung. They told me I could wait around or reschedule. I'm going back on Monday.
Otherwise, though, most of the day was just "blah" like the cool cloudy weather. I did have an appointment with my counselor too, and it was somewhat productive. My previous post comes from some of what we talked about.
I thought yesterday would be remarkable somehow. I thought I would cry and cry, but I really didn't. It was just like any other day...and that's what is so terribly sad about it.
Otherwise, though, most of the day was just "blah" like the cool cloudy weather. I did have an appointment with my counselor too, and it was somewhat productive. My previous post comes from some of what we talked about.
I thought yesterday would be remarkable somehow. I thought I would cry and cry, but I really didn't. It was just like any other day...and that's what is so terribly sad about it.


1 comment:
Malou's due date wasn't as difficult as I expected either. In some ways, it was a relief to stop "counting" in my head how far I *should* be in my pregnancy. But unfortunately, after the due date, you enter a period of when the world *should* include your child...and it doesn't, at least not the way you want. Well, that's been my experience in any case. There's just nothing easy about grieving a child, is there?
Post a Comment