Thursday, November 6, 2008

Replacement

Wow, I am a post-writing fanatic tonight. I thought I was done, but then I saw something on Facebook that I had to mention here.

One of my friends lost her dog this week...he was hit by a car. Here was somebody's response: "I know how easily we become attached to our pets. They're our furry children. Have you thought about getting a new one?"

If you lost your child, would your only concern be getting a new one??? People seem to think that if I just get pregnant again then everything will be okay. But just like my friend will always miss her dog and all that was special about that dog, I will always miss Ada and all of the ways that she was special to me.

Okay, now I really am done for the day!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Yeah, that's my favorite response "well, you can have more"...whatever, I just smile and say "if its God's will". My friend at work had to put her dog to sleep Tuesday night (she had this dog for 13 years) and she did run out the very next day to buy a puppy. The cutest puppy I have ever seen, though.