Saturday, November 29, 2008

Presidential due dates

Ada was due on November 5, one day after the historic presidential election. I had been hoping Obama would win since...I'm not sure - at least 2006. We went to Washington, D.C. for our anniversary that year and I labeled the picture of us at the White House, "The future home of Barack Obama." Anyway, as I've already posted on here, I was really hoping that Ada would be born one day early on election day and that Obama would win the election. I only got half of my wish.

So, today when my mom brought that up and asked, "Well, do you know what August 4 is?" I had no idea what the answer was. Besides the fact that it is (I assume) my due date with this baby, I couldn't think of anything. I thought for a minute, but came up blank. "It's Obama's birthday!" she finally informed me. Now, I'm not obsessed with Obama or anything, and a politician's birthday is not the same as the day that America made a historic decision, but I did think it was pretty funny!

Oh, and I should add that my mom found out that she was pregnant with me on the day that Reagan was inaugurated (Jan. 20, 1981). I'm not sure how that factors into this!

1 comment:

Never forgetting Gregory said...

Awesome. I love tidbits of information like that. My niece (21 months) says "Obama" now. She recognizes him and it is awesome!