Monday, November 3, 2008

Tagged

Tamara (Jenna's mom) tagged me so I have to list seven weird things about myself. Hmmm.

1. I have moved a lot. I've lived in 4 countries and 6 states. When I went off to college I had moved 12 times. Hunter and I bought our first house last summer and I will be quite happy to never move again.

2. I can get obsessive. For example, I LOVE the tv show Gilmore Girls. I have all 7 seasons on DVD and I have watched every episode multiple times. When the shows were still on the air I would go to forums and read everybody's opinions on the shows and any spoilers I could find. I've even been to the set of the show in L.A. I've been obsessive about other things (like or Harry Potter or Heroes or now the Twilight series), but Gilmore Girls takes the cake.

3. I'm a planner. I don't think that's so strange, but other people do. What's so crazy about making your Christmas plans in July? :)

4. I don't have a tv on the first floor of my house. Again, I don't think this is so strange, but others do. (I should add that our bedroom is on the first floor.) We have one in the den upstairs but we rarely watch it. Despite the whole Gilmore Girls mania, I really don't watch tv that often. At least, I don't ever waste time by mindlessly flipping channels. Instead I waste my time on the internet.

5. Despite the fact that I'm from South Carolina (moreso than anywhere else), I hate peaches. SC actually produces even more peaches than GA which makes this so ironic. The only thing nastier than peaches are canned peaches. *shudder*

6. I loooooooooooove to travel. In the nearly 6 years we've been married, Hunter and I have gone to Mexico, Niagara Falls, Mammoth Cave, Washington, D.C., Miami (we didn't live in FL then either), L.A., a big trip to 6 national parks out west, a cruise to Key West and Cozumel (I discovered I'm not a fan of cruises, at least not the being waited on hand and foot part), Puerto Rico, and numerous camping trips. We're going to Costa Rica in December. I'm very good at finding bargains like $24 roundtrip tickets to Puerto Rico. My ideal vacation is a trip to somewhere I've never been before that includes history or beautiful scenery. I would never choose relaxing on the beach or a trip to Disney World. (Ironic, yes, considering where I live.)

7. I met my husband when I was only 17 - I've known him for one third of my life. I don't mean to sound cheesy, but he is definitely my best friend.

I tag Holly P, Jen, Jenni, and Shelley...and anybody else that wants to do this.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I hadn't read Tamara's yet when I tagged you~ so, I think you should go again :) Just joking!

I love to travel, also. We've been to London, Dublin, Boston, New York, D.C., and in we're in the process of planning trips to Rome and Scotland. My hubby works for Delta, so I love taking advantage of the flight benefits. Kudos on the cheap airline tickets. What's your luck with finding cheap hotel rates, maybe you could line up my hotels? hahaha