Thursday, October 16, 2008

3 Months

I met my Ada 3 months ago from today. I'm not particularly sad today though; it's actually been a pretty good day. My sad days are fewer and farther between. Still, I can't help but think that if Ada had lived, I would be preparing for her arrival any time now. I would have officially been full term yesterday. I would have my suitcase packed and everything ready to go. (If you know me well, you know how true that statement is!)

Today I got a package of formula samples and more junk mail from the funeral home trying to get us to make our own funeral arrangements. The more junk mail I get from them, the less I appreciate what they did for us. I also got a really nice pink/blue ribbon pin from my college friend who lost her sweet Elliana when she was 27 days old. I really appreciate the pin and I was glad to get something uplifting with all of the other junk.

I might be pregnant, but I won't know for over a week. It's going to be a long week! Last time we didn't even tell our own mothers until I was in the second trimester; this time, I guess everybody's going to know right away, whenever it happens!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I hope that you will continue to have good days, that you will get a positive test next week, and that you find peace and joy when you remember Ada.

Hollie said...

I'm so sorry the funeral home is doing that! That's so unnecessary and slightly rude of them to be doing! If you keep getting stuff, I'd call and give them a little piece of your mind.

On the other hand, I'm glad you're having better days! That's so wonderful to hear!

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you in the upcoming week!