Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Another quote

"When we honestly ask ourselves which person in our lives means the most to us, we often find that it is those who, instead of giving advice, solutions, or cures, have chosen rather to share our pain and touch our wounds with a warm and tender hand. The friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing... not healing, not curing... that is a friend who cares."

-Henri Nouwen

3 comments:

Never forgetting Gregory said...

Wow. This makes a lot of sense. I agree completely. I hope you have friends like this to help you get through your loss. It can feel so lonely sometimes. I'm here for you, too.

Missing Gabe said...

Hello,
My name is Tanya Doyle and I found your blog on Shelley Talbotts blog site. I have been reading about your Ada and it has made me feel like I am not the only one with the same feelings of loss. I lost my son Gabe this year. He was born on Feb.2nd and passed away on Feb.4th. He was full term but he had down syndrome and had some breathing problems. Things just began to go down hill after that. I just want you to know that I think about your story and Shelley's so much and it makes me feel better knowing that I am not alone. My blog address is www.missinggabe.blogspot.com.

Mrs. Mother said...

I wanted to let you know that I am thinking of and remembering Ada on Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness and Remembrance Day.