Last night Hunter and I went out to do a little bit of shopping and to eat Cuban food. Afterwards we decided to take a walk on the beach to end our nice date. There are a lot of different places along the beach that you can go around here, but Hunter drove to the exact same spot where we went the day we scattered Ada's ashes. We were both in a good mood and making jokes, but once we got out of the car we didn't talk. Together we walked up the beach a little bit to about the same spot, and we stopped and just held each other in silence for a couple of minutes. It was weird, because we never decided that we were going to go to that same spot - we both just knew it was what we wanted. I've discovered that there are some things we don't even need to discuss with words. Anyway, we stayed there for about 10 minutes and we did talk about Ada and what we've been feeling lately. It was after dark and there was nobody else on the beach, so we had privacy which was nice. I think we both needed that.
On another note, last night I had a rather disturbing and vivid dream. It's actually the only dream that I've had that related to Ada since we lost her. Basically, I dreamed that somebody else's newborn baby girl was dropped and hurt. I tried to catch her so she wouldn't fall, but I didn't get there in time. Then, the parents didn't really care. They were like, "Oh, she'll be fine." I knew she needed to go to the hospital, but they wouldn't listen. Somebody called her Ada. This dream isn't very difficult to interpret! I guess somewhere inside of me I feel helpless and like nobody cares as much as I do.
On another note, last night I had a rather disturbing and vivid dream. It's actually the only dream that I've had that related to Ada since we lost her. Basically, I dreamed that somebody else's newborn baby girl was dropped and hurt. I tried to catch her so she wouldn't fall, but I didn't get there in time. Then, the parents didn't really care. They were like, "Oh, she'll be fine." I knew she needed to go to the hospital, but they wouldn't listen. Somebody called her Ada. This dream isn't very difficult to interpret! I guess somewhere inside of me I feel helpless and like nobody cares as much as I do.


2 comments:
Big hugs to you. I feel like I'm the only one who cares sometimes, too.
I'm so glad you and Hunter have each other. I'm sorry about the dream. You are right, that isn't hard to decipher. Dreams can be so painful.
Post a Comment